Job Opening: Welder
Now Hiring Welders in Lebanon, Oh
Pay:$24-$29 Depending on Experience
Job Description/Essential Functions
To assemble and weld components according to blueprints or specific instructions, all while advancing KBC’s mission of being a forward-thinking, collaborative, and ethical business.
- Welds components to specified instructions, utilizing standard welding equipment (TIG, Flux Core, MIG, Stick) to predetermined dimensions and tolerance.
- Verifies and acknowledges component part is properly prepared, fabricated, and braced for the weld process specified.
- Able to operate brake press, hydraulic presses, drill press, and hydraulic rollers.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Accurately records job transactions and router hours.
- Abides by all KBC policies with emphasis on attendance and safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Demonstrates KBC values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED required). Must have obtained ASME 9 certification, AWS D1.1 certification, or equivalent on Stainless and Carbon Steel, MIG, TIG, and Flux Core, along with three years’ work experience in welding MIG, TIG and Flux core. Vocational training course completion is preferred. Also required is the ability to read and interpret blueprints, read measuring instruments (i.e. tape measures, etc.), and operate a forklift and overhead crane. Must be dependable with an excellent attendance record in order to maintain strict production schedules.
- Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally; anything over 50 pounds requires two people, or the use of a lifting device. The ability to climb and work from ladders, operate lifting devices, and move around the shop floor without assistance is required. May also be required to work in confined spaces, crawling in, on, and under equipment. Must be able to tolerate exposure to a typical shop environment; i.e. extreme heat, cold, dust, noise, fumes, and other elements. Must wear a welding hood, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, along with additional PPE as required or needed.