Job Opening: Immediate Openings Tool Maintenance
Immediate Openings Tool Maintenance (Expired)
Le Sueur, MN
Immediate Openings for Tool Maintenance Positions
1st Shift ~ 5:00 am to 3:20 pm
3rd Shift ~ 9:00 pm to 5:00 am
$25-28/HR Starting Based on Experience
- Sets up and operates standard tool room equipment, such as lathes, milling machine and grinders to machine parts for die casting equipment.
- Makes repairs and changes to die casting dies.
- Works from blueprints and drawings; uses precision measuring tools; makes slides, ejector pins, cores, and pinions.
- Cleans die cavities with abrasives, makes gate changes; removes drag, straighten cores, drills water lines, etc.
- Analyzes difficulties and diagnoses repairs needed.
- Repairs dies while still set in the casting machine; grind in overflows and gates.
- Changes unit dies.
- Removes castings stuck in dies; dismantles and reassembles dies.
- May make the more complicated repairs on trimming tools.
- May occasionally operate a forklift. Inspects for quality, defects, and deviations from specifications.
- Responsible for quality of work and to appropriately resolve unusual operating conditions.
- Willingly modifies work schedule and duties to accommodate Company needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- May require successful completion of specific education, training or certifications.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, reading and understanding English language work instructions
Preferred Education: A two-year technical or equivalent degree
Minimum Skills/Experience: one year in similar position, mechanical aptitude, effective computer use, basic Math skills, independent decision-making, and effective self-management.
Preferred Skills/Experience: Above plus – Strong Computer and math skills, one year on the job instruction and/or apprenticeship programs and strong mechanical aptitude as demonstrated through success at increasingly more complex assignments.