Job Opening: Material Handler
Saint Paul, MN
Material Handlers – Arden Hills – Direct Hire
1st Shift: 6am – 2pm
2nd Shift: 2pm -10pm
Pay Rate: 18.25 – 20.50 + depending on experience
About this role: Performs manual and clerical duties, which may utilize computers in the preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment. Typically involves distribution of finished goods to be packaged and sent to recipients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pulls finished goods parts from bins using a pick list and possibly radio-frequency device (e.g., identifying the specific part number, lot number, quantity and location of all items on an order) to fill the customer orders.
- Enters orders into computer database using a bar code scanner to scan the order number on the pick sheet.
- Packages orders to include pick list from the box, and filling in open spaces and packs materials according to specifications or knowledge of shipping practices to prepare the package for labeling and distribution to the customer.
- Type pertinent information into Fed Ex computer or equivalent (e.g., customer number, method of shipment) to generate a printed label to be used for product shipment.
- Examines shipment containers at the time of delivery for any damage, and verifies the accuracy of information listed on the packing slips, invoices, and freight bills by opening the packages and visually inspecting the contents in order to ensure accurate deliveries.
- Enters material information (e.g., P.O. number) into the business computer system and generate receipt travelers to provide material traceability.
- Transports material (e.g., production and non-production materials) upon request, using a forklift, pallet jack, or truck to the designated location.
- Receives out-going shipments from internal customers and packages items using the appropriate materials (e.g., cardboard boxes and packaging tape) to properly prepare items for shipment.
- Records shipment information using the carrier service’s systems and methods (e.g., Federal Express, UPS) for shipping traceability.·
- Builds pallet configurations according to appropriate documentation for sterilization processes.·
- Schedules sterilization loads for internal sterilization and external contract sterilizers.·
- Publishes sterilization schedules for Production, Engineering and Marketing.
- Supports sterilization validation activities.·
- Records appropriate sterilization information on LHRs and Sterilization Load Documents to provide traceability.
- Performs SAP transactions to clearly identify status of product.
- Reads, comprehends and follows basic job instructions and/or protocols including verbal, written, diagramed, colored and other related documents; written in English.
- 1 years of experience
- High School diploma
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for a minimum six hours per day
- Must have a basic computer knowledge skills (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word)
- The ability to get certified on pallet jack and forklift
- Must be able to work at Arden Hills site and Warehouse site (10 minutes apart)