Job Opening: Packaging
Local pharmaceutical company is seeking Packaging Operators in Bloomington, IN!
- 1st shift: 6:30am-3pm
- 2nd shift: 2:45pm – 11:15pm
- 3rd shift: 10:45pm to 6:45am
Pay: $17- $17.50
The Packaging Operator works within the Finishing/Packaging Complex. They inspect, label, and package pharmaceutical products to meet client demand and expectations. They contribute to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Package product in boxes, cartons, syringes, vials, blisters
- Count materials/product to ensure accurate count
- Scan printed materials Manually examine printed materials and products to ensure specifications are met, including variable text printed on-line
- Inspect product/materials for defects
- Enter and verify information in logbooks, as needed
- Mandatory OT every third weekend
Work Environment: Controlled pharmaceutical environment including wearing long sleeves, safety toe shoes, gloves and safety glasses. Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of automated and semi-automated packaging lines.
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the operations of multiple types of equipment related to the packaging operations as well as hand operated equipment including, but not limited to, such things as barcode scanners, scales and tape gun
- Lift/Carry up to 32 lbs
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED required, 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.