Job Opening: Process Technician
Grand Rapids, MI
Resource MFG has openings for experienced Mold Process Technicians in Belmont! 2nd shift and 3rd shift Pay up to 30.00 per hour
A client of ours specializing in plastic injection molding is searching for Mold Process Technicians for their Direct Hire opportunities.
Benefits of a Mold Process Technician:
- Direct Hire opportunity
- 2nd shift available (2nd shift: 3pm to 11pm) and 3rd shift available (3rd shift: 11pm – 7am)
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Veteran owned small business
- Company culture based off honesty, attention to detail, and hard work
Duties of a Mold Process Technician:
- Responsible for the process troubleshooting and setup of injection molds and machines with a focus on safety, quality and productivity throughout all aspects of the molding process.
- Start up, shut down, and monitor injection molding processes to produce products that meet the quality standards of the customers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose injection molding processes when needed.
- Perform mold changes with overhead crane and forklifts.
- Collaborates with Supervisor to meet the daily changing priorities of mold changes and press startups.
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment used within the injection molding process: dryers, hoppers, color mixers, loaders, robots, sprue pickers, hot runner controllers, etc.
- Assist in the execution of capability improvements and cost avoidance/savings opportunities.
- Ensure standardization of systems and processes across production shifts and teams.
- Continually seek process and system improvements to increase process capability, production yields, and productivity.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the production floor to assist Supervisors and Leads to train and mentor production team members.
- 1 - 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of injection molding process, machines and tooling.
- Capable of operating overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Associates Degree in a related field preferred.
- Mold Setting, 5S, Lean Manufacturing.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.