Job Opening: IT Specialist – 2nd Shift
IT Specialist – 2nd Shift
Hiring IT Specialist for 2nd Shift in Pendergrass, GA
Hours: 12:15pm-8:15pm M-F with Overtime as needed
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour (Depending on experience)
Responsible for installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices. Must possess strong interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills. Schedule may include a variety of shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices.
- Runs and monitors batch jobs such as integrated store order processing and prints picking documentation (labels).
- Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment.
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including team members, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Lifts and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment. Performs repairs or coordinates with vendors on more complex repairs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots networking problems and systems (PC networking including switches and cabling, RF wireless systems, etc)
- Maintains and troubleshoots proprietary material handling software and systems from vendors such as Dematic and Schaefer.
- Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations. External Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED and previous experience in a technical support function.
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, RF communication hardware, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems. •Knowledge of various software, such as Microsoft Windows operating system, MSOffice Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer. •Experience following processes, recommending improvements, translating technical terms to non-technical users, solving technical problems and working in a team environment.
- Hours of support may require weekend, holiday and/or off-hours shift coverage.
Working for ProLogistix
If you’re looking for a job in logistics, warehousing or distribution, ProLogistix is the company for you! We’re part of the nation’s largest industrial staffing company with 30 years in business. Meaning we have hundreds of open jobs with top employers nationwide. A company that treats you like family, we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all and ensuring you have a healthy and safe work environment, fair pay and the tools to succeed and grow.
- Associate’s Degree or technical degree
- Bachlor's Degree
- Knowledge of coding and/or programming (such as Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, ASP)
- Knowledge of network topologies
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as computer components, A/V equipment, RF devices, etc.