Job Opening: PLC Controller Technician
PLC Controller Technician (Expired)
In Lansing, MI we are searching for PLC Controller Technicians. Pay for this role varies based on experience.
Shifts available: 2nd shift and 3rd shift
In this role you will be responsible for activities regarding design, construction, modification and maintenance of equipment and machinery in manufacturing so that throughput, inventory and operating expense objectives are achieved. Inspects and repairs machinery and equipment based on operating parameters, according to engineering principles and safety regulations. In general, ensure the achievement of departmental OEE targets through the achievement of equipment availability targets.
Benefits of a PLC Controller Technician:
- Direct hire
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Health benefit options
Duties of a PLC Controller Technician:
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and equipment adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Adjust & repair automotive manufacturing equipment, repairs and services, and test equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Disassemble defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
- Reassemble, adjust and test repaired equipment. Equipment testing includes the ability of the maintenance associate to operate the machine during non production hours, producing quality parts to ensure machine functionality.
- May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshooting and modification to maintain uptime, make modifications to improve efficiency and reliability of equipment and its systems. Oversee modifications by internal and external resources for process changes, new models and expansion.
- Use computerized or manual Maintenance Information Systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance measures taken, etc.
- Make necessary adjustments to parts and machinery to ensure proper production run.
- Basic robotics troubleshooting on robots.
- Basic electrical circuit troubleshooting.
- Use computerized or manual systems to facilitate root cause analysis for failures resulting in major downtime (as defined by management). Once the root cause has been identified, put measures in place that will prevent reoccurrence within the affected business unit as well as across the facility.
- Optimize/upgrade or change equipment based on safety, quality, or production requirements.
- Interface with all necessary associates, (production supervision, etc., to ensure issues are identified and resolved. In general, communicate with the production team.)
- Ensure new parts get ordered or returned unused part back to the correct stock location.
- Update verification forms when needed.
- Practice good housekeeping on the shop floor and in assembly cells.
- May be required to rotate shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate leadership experience or leadership qualities and work well in a team.
- MUST HAVE Siemens and Allen-Bradley experience.
- Technical school degree or equivalent of training or experience.
- Three to five years of experience in manufacturing, preferably in automotive interior systems.
- Must possess understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical.
- Basic machine operation; be able to successfully operate all machinery.
- Comfortable using hand power tools.
- Good attention to detail required.
- Must be able to take directions and learn from senior level maintenance employees.
- Must possess physical and mental stamina.
- Must be able to work in a confined space, and at heights.
- Must be capable of interfacing with all levels of the workforce.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time. Position involves bending, stooping, lifting.
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions.
- Good attendance, punctuality, and dependability.