Job Opening: Sanitation
RESOURCEMFG has a new sanitation position in Macomb, MI. This position uses hazardous cleaning chemicals to complete the sanitization process and is responsible for disassembling, cleaning, and sanitizing all food equipment including storage areas, handling any and all line clean ups and documentation, enforcing all safety rules and regulations, monitoring the inventory of cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies, and other janitorial duties as assigned.
This position works 6pm-2:30am Monday through Friday with occasional Saturday shifts depending on production. The Macomb, Michigan plant, located at 23 Mile Rd & Hayes, is a diverse team, supporting multiple cultures and languages.
- Maintain plant cleanliness in compliance with good manufacturing practices and food safety standards
- Protect and secure machinery, plugs and electrical equipment
- Prepare production equipment for cleaning by following proper LOTO procedures
- Clean, sanitize and inspect production equipment and areas in a timely manner
- Obtain all necessary tools to clean in place (e.g., chemicals, utensils, etc.)
- Assemble/disassemble equipment as required
- Rinse and clean all conveyors, rollers, hoppers, etc. with high-pressure hoses
- Rinse, clean and sanitize drains in assigned areas
- Rinse, clean, inspect and sanitize all tools and utensils
- Remove all excess water, grease, and other materials from equipment as required
- Validate sanitation effectiveness with visual inspection and swab performance (ATP, Microbial, Allergen,), as well as chemical concentrations for program compliance
- Complete pre-operational inspections of equipment and document findings
- Ensure that minimum downtime is experienced during sanitation and pre-operational inspections
- Complete all sanitation documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Read and comprehend safety data sheets
- Willing to be actively engaged in safety practices
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Must have excellent communication and reading comprehension skills with great attention to detail
- Work a regularly scheduled shift of 6pm-2:30am
- Ability to follow instructions
- Move up to 50lbs
- Work on and climb on ladders
- Constant use of high-pressure hot water hose
- Ability to work in both warm and cold temperatures and a wet environment
- Knowledge of GMPs, plant safety, and waste disposal methods
- Understanding of damage/loss
- Knowledge of the Five Principles of Chemical Awareness
Medical, dental, vision, 401k match up to 6%, company-paid life insurance, 15 paid vacation days a year, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus and more!
Must work one full calendar year to be eligible for full retention bonus pay out.