Job Opening: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Expired)
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
The role of an Accounts Receivable Clerk is to manage and maintain the financial health of a company by ensuring timely and accurate collection of outstanding customer payments. This position is crucial for maintaining a positive cash flow and minimizing bad debt. Your job is to obtain all applicable documentation to file/re-file claims on the Home Depot portal related to shipment discrepancies. You will work directly with the following internal departments: shipping, customer service and accounts receivable and with external trucking companies. You should understand and recognize what documents are required to support shipment delivery.
- Payment Processing: Record and reconcile customer payments received via various methods, such as checks, credit cards, electronic transfers, and cash. Apply payments to appropriate customer accounts and update the accounting system accordingly.
- Collections: Monitor and follow up on overdue customer accounts. Initiate collections activities through phone calls, emails, or letters to ensure prompt payment and resolve any disputes or discrepancies. Maintain a professional and positive relationship with customers while ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Account Reconciliation: Regularly review customer accounts to identify and resolve any payment discrepancies or outstanding balances. Work with internal teams, such as sales or customer service, to address any issues and ensure accurate account reconciliation.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare regular reports and analysis related to accounts receivable, such as aging reports, cash flow projections, and collections performance. Provide insights and recommendations to management regarding overdue accounts, credit risks, and potential bad debt.
- Customer Communication: Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries or requests related to billing, payment status, or account information. Collaborate with the customer service team to provide exceptional customer support and resolve any billing-related concerns.
- Credit and Risk Assessment: Evaluate new and existing customer creditworthiness by reviewing credit applications, financial statements, and credit history. Make informed decisions regarding credit limits, terms, or necessary collection actions to mitigate potential credit risks.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to streamline and improve accounts receivable processes, such as implementing automated payment reminders, optimizing cash application procedures, or enhancing billing accuracy.
- 1 year of Shipping and Trucking industry
- 1 year of Accounts Receivable dispute resolution
- Experience as an accounts receivable clerk, with an understanding of accounts receivable processes and principles.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and financial management systems.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with internal teams and customers.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices related to accounts receivable and collections.
- Familiarity with credit risk assessment and collections techniques.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with customers.
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct in handling financial information and customer data