Job Opening: Sr. Tool Maker
Sr. Tool Maker
ResourceMFG are looking for an experienced Tool Maker for an automotive manufacture in Marysville MI!
2nd and 3rd shift
$$$ Pay based on Experience $$$
SUMMARY: Be able to determine proper machining and repair techniques per company tooling standards as well as being cost effective and timely. Set up and operate machines and tools required to make assemblies and mold components. Makes, repairs and/or builds new metal parts and components for molds and/or machines as needed.
CRITICAL VITAL ACTIVITIES :
- Perform scheduled and emergency repairs, engineering changes and tool tune ups to tools.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting all tooling records in tooling log books.
- Responsible for keeping Cad Library’s up to date and organized. Responsible for maintaining Cad Software updates. (Master cam and CATIA V5)
- Responsible for generation of mold components, C Data and verification via Mastercam and CATIA Set up and operate tool room equipment: Mill, Lathe, Surface Grinder, EDM, Boring Mill, Welders (Arc, Gas, Mig and Tig) and build components for molds.
- Must be considered intermediate level in all welding.
- Measures, marks, scribes and records dimensions and reference points while building mold components for each job worked on.
- Verifies conformance and proper fit of each work piece to the specifications.
- Also records dimensions obtained using measuring instruments. Studies specifications, such as CAD data, prints, sketch, damaged part or description of part to be replaced to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined or repaired.
- Develop the sequence of operations and tools, materials and machines required. Must be able to work with and further the education of other tool room personnel.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required including weekends with little notice at given times.
- Responsible to utilize time efficiently and generate work with little direction.
- Responsible for housekeeping in tool room and on molding floor after working on jobs.
- Help maintain a 5S environment on the manufacturing shop floor.
- Must have ability to work overtime as needed. Other duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must have Cad Cam Experience (Minimum of 5years), (Master cam)
- Must be able to Modify and create new and existing cad files. (Surfacing).
- Must be able to create cad cut files for N/C equipment.
- Must have completed mold maker apprentice program or be Journeyman or equivalent.
- Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must have or complete a thorough training of overhead crane usage.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver's license and have or complete a forklift driving license.
- Must have or complete training in plant lockout (safety) procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.