Job Opening: 1st Shift Wax Assembly Operator
1st Shift Wax Assembly Operator (Expired)
1st Shift Wax Assembly Operator
Come turn an Opportunity into a Career with this Temp to Hire Position
Monday through Friday
6:00am to 3:00pm
Inspect and repair defects in a wax pattern that has been injected. Use hot irons, water welding torches and hot melted seal/patch wax to repair any defects and to attach wax patterns onto a sprue (also injected). Using hot melted glue, known as “Stik-Tite” and other wax injected components, complete a build/assembly of a mold that will go through the casting process and later become an investment casting.
At ResourceMFG We Offer You:
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly (Direct Deposit or ATM Debit Card available)
- Access to health benefits and retirement plan
- A personal recruiter to help with job searches and assistance when at work!
- FREE ONLINE skills training
- Following the part specific TechCard (work instructions), all injected patterns must be inspected for defects. If defects are found, they are to be repaired using hot, melted patch wax, rubbed with mineral spirits or similar and a “Scotch-Brite” pad.
- Use dental style tools, small hobby paint brushes, hot irons & water welder torches with an open flame and hot melted glue/wax to assemble wax patterns to an injected sprue to create a mold. Assembly instructions are also found on the Technical Card.
- Requires the delicate use of hands when working with fragile wax patterns and assemblies. Seals and wax welding of joints are to be done cleanly without drips, holes, gouges, or other damage to parts/assembly.
- Complete required paperwork without error and job/inventory WIP’ing transaction via WIP Track (i.e.) moving jobs/completed work to the next manufacturing operation
- Use extruded and paste wax to form, shape and create different shapes for the sprue or gating per engineering instruction. In some cases, the engineer will deviate from the Technical Card
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with hands
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a "Team-Work" environment
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs unassisted
- Work with hot irons, open flame torches and hot melted wax & glue on hot plates