Job Opening: HOME REPAIR CREW LEADER
HOME REPAIR CREW LEADER
Chula Vista, CA
Direct Hire Opportunity!
Home Repair Weatherization Crew Leader in San Diego, CA
Competitive Pay! And Great People, Too.
Pay Range: $23.43-$27.82 hourly
Please read Duties and Responsibilities below. If qualified and interested, please submit your resume and best contact number to [email protected] for consideration.
Housing & Real Estate Development Department of a Multi-purpose social service agency in San Diego is in need of a Weatherization Crew Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs regularly scheduled on-site monitoring of weatherization staff.
- Conducts final inspections.
- Completes NEAT audits for DOE.
- Supervises, evaluates and participates in the hiring process of weatherization crew staff.
- Purchases weatherization materials and equipment, per department approval.
- Maintains inventory control records.
- Meets regularly with the Program Director and Responsible Managing Employee to develop plans for project implementation and timely completion of tasks.
- Ensures accountability of tools, equipment, materials, office machines and vehicles.
- Defines and prioritizes weekly work assignments.
- Participates in regular staff reviews, evaluations and monthly safety meetings.
- Prepares job sites while implementing weatherization lead safe work practices.
- Prepares attics for installing turbine vents and insulation.
- Cleans up job sites using proper disposal methods.
- Provides hands on training to Weatherization workers at work sites.
- Performs extensive carpentry, entrance door modification, glass/window work, pipe wrap work, and drywall installation and repair.
- Installs carbon monoxide alarms, water saving devices, switch/outlet gaskets, weather-stripping, and doors.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, services and repairs all equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, daily use of a personal, insured vehicle, and have and maintain a motor vehicle driving record.
- Position is subject to a background/education check, DMV check, NSOR, exclusion and debarment checks prior to hire and periodically throughout employment as required by various funding sources.
- Must have a physical examination, TB clearance and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic, as well as immunization records for influenza*, pertussis and measles as required by state and federal regulations prior to the first day of employment.
- Six (6) years related work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Must have knowledge in:
- Basic principles, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the weatherization field.
- State and local weatherization and insulations standards usually learned through a weatherization certificate program.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to weatherization work.