Job Opening: Maintenance Worker
Chula Vista, CA
We’re Hiring Maintenance Workers in San Diego, CA!
Direct Hire Opportunities!
Exceptional Job. Great Pay. Good Benefits.
Pay Range: $21.65-$25.70 an hour
Please read Duties and Responsibilities below. If qualified and interested, please submit your resume and best contact number to [email protected] for consideration.
Housing & Real Estate Development Department of a Multi-purpose social service agency in San Diego, CA is in need of Maintenance Workers.
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Worker will perform a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance, servicing, repair and alteration of residential/commercial property, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and minor repairs to electrical and mechanical systems; diagnoses equipment failures and repairs, maintains and replaces equipment and parts. The Maintenance Worker II also performs preventative maintenance and repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventive maintenance on property.
- For all equipment, troubleshoots issues, maintains, services and makes repairs.
- Insures that property’s plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning units are in good repair and meet all governmental regulations and other guidelines as set forth by MAAC Project.
- Schedules work in an effective and timely manner to meet the maintenance and cleaning needs of the agency’s properties.
- Keep fire and other emergency equipment in good working condition. Schedules inspection of all fire extinguishers annually. Responsible for the maintenance of and training in the operation of security alarm systems to designated persons.
- Maintains availability in order to address tenant concerns, facilitate repairs and address emergencies as they arise.
- Installs, maintains and repairs flooring, doors, cabinets, fixtures and windows.
- Repairs and installs locks; makes keys.
- Paints a variety of surfaces; performs cement, masonry, plaster or brick work; repairs drywall on property.
- Assists landscaping contractors in identifying landscaping issues and creating solutions.
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, daily use of a personal, insured vehicle, and have and maintain a motor vehicle driving record.
- Position is subject to a background/education check, DMV check, NSOR, exclusion and debarment checks prior to hire and periodically throughout employment as required by various funding sources.
- Must have a physical examination, TB clearance and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic, as well as immunization records for influenza*, pertussis and measles as required by state and federal regulations prior to the first day of employment.
- Two (2) years or more in skilled maintenance work.