Job Opening: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Expired)
A manufacturing client of ours specializing in the food industry in Kalamazoo, MI is searching for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians (Level 1 and / or Level 2) for their night shift working 3 days (from 6pm-6am Tuesday, Friday, Saturday). Pay is based off experience. You will be responsible for preventive maintenance, layout, installation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, conveyors, drives, ovens, packaging equipment, etc.
Benefits of a Mechanical Maintenance Technician:
- Direct hire
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Healthcare package
- Employer matched 401K and life insurance options
- Wellness incentives
Duties of a Mechanical Maintenance Technician:
- Effective support of preventive maintenance schedule supporting the goal of continually reducing downtime.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems, motors, controls, pumps, combustion systems, boilers, compressed air, pneumatic, basic plumbing, bearings, gear boxes, drives, conveyance systems, belts, clutches, etc.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs to production and facilities equipment.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment in order to diagnose and repair malfunctions.
- Complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner while maintaining complete records of activities performed, materials used and the status of the assigned work.
- Identify required parts to maintain current inventories for repairs and PM work.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow GMP food safety and environmental guidelines and OSHA personal and community safety rules while performing the duties as a technician.
- Operate basic maintenance shop tools, lifts and ladders safely.
- Assist in change overs and line startups as required.
- Participates on continuous improvement activities identifying new Preventive and Corrective maintenance activities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- A documented combination of training and experience that demonstrates competency as a maintenance mechanic for a period of 1 to 5 years.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge is required.
- Welding, plumbing, and pipefitting experience is a plus.
- Previous electrical or mechanical technician experience
- Experience in preventive maintenance, equipment rebuilds, replacement of critical components.
- Team player able to work with all levels of management and supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment that includes production, sanitation, engineering, and maintenance.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in English.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with blueprints, drawings, layouts, and other specifications
- Preferred experience as a millwright, machine repair, pipefitter, etc
- Preferred experience with practical problem solving and root-cause analysis
- Bringing your own tools is preferred