Job Opening: Journeyman Maintenance Technician
Journeyman Maintenance Technician (Expired)
An automotive manufacturer of ours in Homer, MI is in need of Maintenance Journeyman workers. This position requires a Journeyman card or a minimum of 8 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
Weekend schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 7am – 7p, or Saturday, Sunday, Monday 7a – 7p. Work 36 hours but get paid for 40.
Pay is experience based.
The objective of this role is to work to maintain and restore machines to full productivity and offer important insights as to preventative maintenance to be undertaken in the future. Additionally, Journeymen will work to troubleshoot problem machines and seek cost-effective solutions to keep production lines open.
Benefits of a Maintenance Journeyman:
- Direct Hire
- Growth opportunities
Duties of a Maintenance Journeyman:
- Troubleshooting errors on down machines and creating solutions for effective long-term fixes.
- Reporting and fulfilling work orders for machine maintenance/repair via electronic filing system.
- Working with teams of fellow technicians to conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on machines.
- Accurately documenting completed work for future reference.
- Journeyman’s card in general maintenance or 8 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Associates Degree in a related field
- 1 to 3 years in industrial maintenance or plant experience preferred.
- Proficient in Foundry operation, setup and programming, computer skills, CAD/CAM including GD&T, manufacturing tooling design, lean concepts, experience in grinding, balancing and drilling operations, automation, logic, mechanical, design, and implementation.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, manufacturing methods and quality control standards
- Must have basic blueprint and work instruction reading ability.
- Ability to accurately read Micrometers and calipers
- Understand Geometric tolerances and their meanings