Job Opening: Waste Water Treatment Technician
Waste Water Treatment Technician (Expired)
In Jackson, MI we are searching for a Waste Water Treatment Technician on day shift for one of our direct hire positions.
Benefits of a Waste Water Treatment Technician:
- Direct hire
- 1st shift
- Advancement opportunities
Duties of a Waste Water Treatment Technician:
- Treat and process water to meet, not exceed, the required discharge level of metals as described by the City of Jackson before discharging.
- Maintain proper chemical levels in all feed, holding, and storage tanks relation to operation of waste treatment.
- Add chemicals to tank and dump sludge press when required.
- Ensure all air diaphragm and mechanical pumps are in proper operation and being properly maintained.
- Maintain and document all forms pertaining to record keeping required.
- Assist in the removal of all hazardous waste, keeping clean and safe work area.
- Calibrate pH and ORP Probes when scheduled.
- Identify problems of water related to sight, smell and over limit violations.
- Manage incoming chemical inventories.
- Assist with spill cleanup as needed.
- Diploma or equivalent and one year related work experience and / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain forklift license.
- Must be a self-started and work independently
- Math skills: calculate figures such as percentages, flow rate, volume, and basic algebra.
- Mechanical capabilities - repair pumps
- Computer literate