Job Opening: Product Engineer
A customer in Azusa, CA is seeking a proactive, self directed, fast responsive individual to join their engineering organization as a Product Engineer.
This is an 11 month contract with possible opportunity for hire. 1st shift.
Competitive Pay Rate. $65K-165K/Year. DOE
Sign on Bonus $1000- Ask for Details
If qualified and interested, please submit your resume for consideration: [email protected]
Pay Rate is based on level of experience.
- Level 1- $65-98K
- Level 2- $80-120K
- Level 3- $110-165K
- Weekly pay
- Medical Benefits
- Be the primary interfaces between engineering, operations, quality and marketing organizations
- Constantly provide technical support and leadership to a designated product line. Including day-to-day problem solving and long-term strategic direction for the product sustaining
- Implement significant product design improvements through engineering changes in order to reduce cost by using alternate / lower cost materials, part redesign or elimination of labor supported with quality preventive planning tools, statistical knowledge and risk analysis methods
- Design, develop and comply with testing procedures, participate in supplier evaluations, create and revise product drawings
- B.S. Degree in a Technical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Strong project management skills and relevant experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills (DMAIC)
- Working knowledge of injection molded plastic component design and a basic knowledge of plastics processing and mold tool design
- Working knowledge on tolerance stack up analysis and GD&T
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAE engineering tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent theoretical and applied knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts
- Creative, able to think "out of the box"
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications
- Experience in low-cost, high-volume, low-defect manufacturing
- Basic knowledge on Industrial Engineering (line balanced, ergonomics, safety)
- Knowledge of 6-Sigma, DFSS, LEAN, FMEA, DOE, and other quality improvement methods
- Knowledge of FEA and CFD
- MBA and/or Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline