Job Opening: Part-Time Experience Center Tour Guide 18.00/Hour
Part-Time Experience Center Tour Guide 18.00/Hour (Expired)
San Antonio, TX
Toyota Tour Guides serve to advance the mission of Toyota’s Experience Center and manufacturing facility by conducting guided tours of the Toyota plant for visitors of all ages. Utilizing the techniques of dialogue, inquiry and storytelling, guides will educate visitors about Toyota’s core values, employment opportunities, community initiatives and the company’s vision for the future of mobility.
In this role, Tour Guides will be required to narrate scripted tours and safely drive electric trams in a high-paced manufacturing environment. Tour Guides must be energetic, enthusiastic, cheerful and willing to learn. Successful guides will have an interest in working with people, especially students, and be willing to become actively involved in the programs of the Experience Center. Experience in education or in customer service and automotive manufacturing can be helpful, although not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule tour reservations via phone and online registration system
- Support public tours by driving an electric tram or narrating up to three tours daily
- Prepare and clean PPE (personal protective equipment) after each tour
- Aid in the loading and unloading tour guests
- Give presentations in front of large, diverse groups of people
- Prepare tour materials
- Follow safety guidelines and ensure that guests remain within designated areas
- Record and report any unusual incidents or violation of safety guidelines
- High School Diploma
- Must be 18 years old
- Computer experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to speak in front of groups of people
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
Workdays: Part-time, Monday through Friday; flexibility to work evenings and Saturday if needed.
Required Driving Assignment – Must be able to meet requirements to drive vehicle on assignment. Successful candidates will complete a driver certification and safety training courses before driving a tram.
- Date and times needed for part time: Day-time
- Is weekend work needed: Availability in case a weekend in required (would be very limited in occurrence)
- Payrate: $18/hour
You will receive On-the-Job Training!??No Prior Manufacturing Experience Required!
Problem solving and continuously improving safety, quality and productivity are required!
Pre-employment assessments and screenings are required