Job Opening: Welder
Sterling Heights, MI
Get to know ResourceMFG, the largest manufacturing specialty staffing company in America. We’re NOW HIRING general laborer for a safe and reputable manufacturer in this area. Entry Level workers are welcomed!
Offering reliable and competitive weekly pay, benefits, and FREE online skills training with 80 complete work hours. If you are a quick learner and want the chance to get ahead, this is one job you don’t want to miss out on.
1st shift 6:00am-2:30pm
2nd shift 3:30pm-11:30pm
- To operate resistance welding machinery and equipment to produce sheet metal automotive components.
- Sets up and operates resistance welding machines to join metal parts, according to blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions.
- Operate machine controls to set air and hydraulic pressure, amperage, and joining time, according to specified type of metal, weld technique, and assembly.
- Aligns work pieces in clamping device or jig to maintain uniformity according to specifications and ensures that metal components are positioned correctly on machine worktable.
- Operates control pedal or pulls trigger to close electrodes and form weld at point of contact. May releases pedal or trigger after specified welding time or monitor automated process.
- Cleans electrodes using appropriate dressing material or emery cloth.
- Monitors the operation of welding machine which automatically releases electrodes from metal after welding cycle.
- Inspects finished work. Important variations include types of joints welded (seam, spot, butt) and types of materials welded (aluminum, steel).
- Possess three (3) to five (5) years of Resistance Welding experience in a prototype environment preferable Body and White.
- Capable of proficiently performing the essential duties.
- Fully capable of reading, understanding, and following work instructions in English.
- Able to proficiently interact with other employees and communicate in written and oral form.
- Ability to lift or transfer components or objects of no more than 30 pounds.
- Hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Possess good mathematical skills and basic computer skills