Job Opening: Molding Supervisor
Molding Supervisor (Expired)
We are looking for a 3rd shift Molding Supervisor for our direct hire opportunity in Belmont, MI. Pay for this role ranges based on experience $21.00 – $27.00 per hour.
You will be responsible for promoting employee empowerment and engagement at all levels while attaining Continuous Improvement LEAN objectives. This role will provide daily leadership in improving the safety, efficiency, quality, delivery and customer service objectives. This role is responsible to meet the daily schedule requirements and oversee all hourly personnel in the areas of Injection Molding and Assembly.
Schedule: 3rd shift 9:30pm to 7am, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work.
Benefits of a Molding Supervisor:
- Direct hire
- Night shift
- Growth and advancement opportunities
Duties of a Molding Supervisor:
- Actively support our safety systems through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical 10 Safety Rules and 3 Safety Obligations.
- Actively supports and improves the 7-point safety housekeeping task list.
- Produce and deliver quality products as outlined in the standard work instructions. Provide input when standard work instructions should be amended for better results.
- Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met, authorized to stop produce/stop ship, as needed.
- Manage assets (equipment, personnel, and inventories, materials) to meet business objectives.
- Complete transactions needed for daily production and delivery.
- Provide direction and participative leadership in the practical application of the Quality Management Process (QMP) and Continuous Improvement LEAN concepts in all areas.
- Maintain IQMS accuracy and floor inventory management.
- Role model and reinforce positive team dynamics within the work environment. Mentor and develop team members to meet the company vision.
- Responsible for performing work to ensure quality and conformity to product requirements.
- Able to work in multiple work cells as production and warehouse needs change.
- Ensure that the area team and individual actions are consistent with regulatory standards and policies.
- Support developmental activities to successfully commercialize process and product improvements.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and actively works on rocks, as assigned.
- Required: 3-5 years in Manufacturing and 2 years in a Leadership role.
- Preferred: Associate/Bachelor degree with 5 years in Manufacturing and 3-4 years in a Leadership role.
- This position also prefers an established track record with experience in LEAN/Continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to interpret the company strategy and deliver clear KPI’s across functional departments so that all team members are working towards a common goal, without duplicating work.
- Train, develop and lead Production Team Members, OP 2’s, and Leads to grow in their abilities of leadership, focusing specifically on Safety, Quality and Productivity in support of company strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated maturity in communication and presentation skills.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization in a concise and effective fashion.