Job Opening: Production Superintendent
Production Superintendent (Expired)
Eaton Rapids, MI
A manufacturing company of ours in Eaton Rapids, MI is searching for a Production Superintendent for our direct hire opportunity. Salary for this role varies based on experience.
In this role you will be responsible to coach, mentor, train and supervise personnel to support safety, quality, and continuous improvement of all production related activities ensuring delivery of high quality parts on time.
Benefits of a Production Superintendent:
- Direct hire
- Growth opportunities
Duties of a Production Superintendent:
- Supervise, coach, mentor and develop production supervisory and support personnel in their daily activities. Ensure adequate staffing to support production related activities, promoting employee engagement. Leads operations in their area of responsibility through familiarity of related processes, continuous awareness of customer shipping requirements, work schedules and quality levels. Motivate and direct training of all production personnel through the ability to select competent individuals.
- Ensure all safety related policies and procedures are adhered to, maintaining a safe working environment at all times, verifying all equipment safety mechanisms are adequate and functioning properly, and good housekeeping is adhered to. Provide support and direction when safety related concerns are escalated, shutting down equipment when critical risks are recognized. Perform safety audits, lead incident investigation and root cause analysis activities, identify and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure quality related processes, procedures and policies are adhered to, ensuring the manufacture of high quality parts which meet customer required specifications.
- Ensure accurate and precise communication of targets and results (i.e. OEE, Scrap, 5S, etc.) to production team, peers and management team. Contribute with information to complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting to all stakeholders. Coordinate with organizational department leaders to determine how to overcome production roadblocks and follow-up to determine next best course of action and ensure corrective actions have been implemented successfully.
- Train, coach and mentor team members in production operations, systems, processes and procedures. Train and develop each team member by reinforcing strengths and building upon weaknesses, instilling a sense of ownership and accountability towards co-workers, self and the company. Ensure use and understanding of production related processes and work instructions. Ensure performance evaluations are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure expenses are necessary and don’t exceed budget approvals. Assesses staffing requirements, ensuring only necessary headcount requirements are employed with the appropriate ration of direct to indirect labor. Control overtime usage and scheduling with an awareness of overall cost of doing business and mind toward profit and loss.
- Ensure production activities are adequately planned and targets are met, delivering the highest quality product to internal and external customers.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Associate Degree or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience (2 – 5 years) in manufacturing environment
- Die Cast, Machining, Assembly and Paint manufacturing experience
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge and experience with ERP system - Plex