Job Opening: CNC Programmer
CNC Programmer (Expired)
Temecula Manufacturing Center Seeking CNC Machinist/ Programmer
A Temecula Manufacturing facility is searching for a CNC Machinist/Programmer to write programs, perform setups, and operate CNC and conventional machining equipment to machine metallic and non-metallic parts. They are required to operate and effectively manage the output of their machine in accordance with instruction and schedules produced by the machine shop lead and or supervisor. This person will be required to write machining programs and review programs written by other machinists. They will also be required to conventionally machine, and CNC machine items to complete work orders produced by the engineering department and production flow manager.
Base Pay $23-30/hour,based on experience
Schedule 5:00AM-3:30PM or 7:00AM-5:30PM, Monday-Thursday
Job Duties will consist of the following:
- Interprets drawings, blueprints, sketches and detailed written instructions for fabrication of components.
- May redline drawings after fabrication to enhance productivity of the part on future orders.
- Works with engineering on designs of components to reduce cost and maximize productivity.
- Writes programs for machining, utilizing Mastercam software and converted engineering files from outside resources and or Solidworks and Cadkey files from the engineering department.
- Troubleshoots communication issues between written programs and CNC controllers such as: Fanuc and Haas.
- Monitors cutting performance and efficiency based on written programs and evaluates whether adjustments are required.
- Machines items daily on CNC Haas Mills and Fanuc controlled Lathes.
- Assists other machinists in programming, cutter selection, proper setup, and technique to maximize productivity.
- Trains other machinists on all equipment utilized in the machine shop department.
- Interfaces daily with QA, Engineering and process control to insure a high standard of quality is being maintained.
- Reviews material, tooling, and fixturing requirements for scheduled jobs and places requisitions for procurement.
- Schedules PM for equipment. Works with Production manager to minimize impact of production schedule.
- Works with engineering and upper management to determine future equipment requirements.
- Minimum of 5-year experience, preferred
- Able to use Mastercam software for 3+2 and/or full 5 axis toolpaths using wireframe, surfaces, and/or solid models.
- Computer Literate: able to demonstrate technical ability with word processing, database, Cad Cam programming, engineering and computer aided drafting software.
- Ability to analyze blue prints, equipment manuals, and customer data specifications to provide timely and successful completion of tasks assigned to the machine shop.
- Capable of dealing effectively, diplomatically and courteously with all levels of employees, outside vendor services and source inspectors.
- Must have ability to be flexible, a self-starter and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.