Job Opening: Maintenance Controls Technician
Maintenance Controls Technician (Expired)
A client of ours in Lansing, MI is searching for a direct hire Maintenance Controls Technician on off shift.
In this role you will responsible for activities regarding design, construction, modification and maintenance of equipment and machinery in manufacturing so that throughput, inventory and operating expense objectives are achieved. Inspects and repairs machinery and equipment based on operating parameters, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
Benefits of a Maintenance Controls Technician:
- Direct hire
- Off shift
- Growth and advancement opportunities
Duties of a Maintenance Controls Technician:
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Help establish and maintain policies and practices including maintaining equipment specification standards.
- Develop electrical bill of materials.
4. Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications.
- Check maintenance technicians’ work and assist during assembly.
- Work with management/engineers to provide input with quote preparation as required.
- Design and develop software applications based on specifications of new concepts.
- Understand requirements for HMI/communications interface and networking, and create specifications based on the requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues with company equipment.
- Technical writing including Software Documentation, Manual including Troubleshooting Guide, Spare Parts List with Vendor Parts.
- Participates in equipment/tooling reviews and works with engineers and vendors to ensure proper implementation of features.
- Ensure quality and production standards are maintained in a process-driven environment.
- Provide timely and detailed status updates, as required.
- Work with equipment vendors and machine builders and integration.
- Train and develop lower-level maintenance employees.
- Involved in the recruitment/training/orientation of new employees.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and equipment adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Provide production support.
- Diagnose and identify various types of hydraulic fittings and repair/replace as needed.
- Make and replace high pressure lines, including bending and threading.
- Make hydraulic and chemical hoses using hydraulic crimping tool.
- Tests newly installed or refurbished machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment to specification and safety.
- Notifies supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, quality problems, and supplies needed.
- Lead and complete complex projects.
- Documents equipment breakdown/activity and provides reports as requested. Uses reports to analyze opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of completion of maintenance activities, including utilizing computerized maintenance management programs; maintains detailed recordkeeping in support of maintenance management system.
- Must maintain positive communications among other shifts and departments.
- Required to adhere to plant safety and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements as established by company policy and/or OSHA.
- Maintains knowledge of all safety devices, procedures and MIOSHA regulatory requirements regarding machinery to identify and communicate all potential safety issues in an effort to eliminate all avoidable risks.
- Required to adhere to applicable IATF and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Will be required to work necessary overtime as applicable on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
- Other assignments and responsibilities as required to support organizational and team objectives.
- High school graduate, with technical school degree or equivalent of training or experience.
- Minimum four years of maintenance experience in automotive industry.
- Master Electrician’s license or equivalent.
- Proficient in programming logic controllers (PLC), Allen-Bradley and Siemens.
- Experienced in configuring and designing HMI systems – Allen-Bradley and PC.
- Experience with Vision Systems programming desired – Keyence and SICK.
- Experience with Robot programming – ABB, Fanuc, Motoman.
- Proficient with Servo drive reading and understanding (electrical, hydraulic)
- Able to design and build a small machine from ground up.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Self-starter, team player, works well with others and has a positive attitude.
- Creative thinker, results-oriented, focused and attentive to detail.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Dedicated, responsive and innovative problem solver.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to think deigns through completely.
- Must possess solid understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical.
- Complete understanding of all press lines and processes; be able to successfully operate all machinery.
- Advanced troubleshooting skill and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to make decisions independently or within a group setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong all-around welding skills (MIG, TIG, Arc).
- Ability to understand, identify, and use hydraulic crimping devices.
- Comfortable using hand power tools.
- Must possess physical and mental stamina.
- Must be able to work in a confined space, and at heights.
- Must be capable of interfacing with all levels of the workforce.
- May be required to stand for lengthy periods of time. Position involves bending, stooping, lifting.
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions
- Good attendance, punctuality and dependability.