We are looking for an Industrial Maintenance Technician for a company specializing in the development and manufacturing of innovative, high-quality Polystyrene.
Typical Schedule 7am to 3:30 pm Monday-Friday plus overtime and on-call time
Pay $22-$28 per hour starting pay
Duties include, but not limited to the following
• Ensure that all new and existing equipment or machinery is operating properly.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues to identify root cause.
• Rebuild and reseal components as needed to ensure functionality.
• Assist in any repairs that may be needed to the buildings or grounds.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all machinery as scheduled by the Maintenance Manager.
• Work off shift hours as necessary to perform maintenance around production schedule.
• Assist with manufacturing and installation of new equipment as needed.
• Properly document maintenance performed so that accurate records can be kept in eMaintenance.
• Serve as an advanced technical resource in a given maintenance specialty (i.e. fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, controllers, etc.).
• May be required to lead a project or shift of individuals to accomplish maintenance goals directed by the Maintenance Manager or GM.
• May be required to order parts and work with outside vendors.
• Recognize and adhere to all best practices for safety (i.e. lock out/tag out, etc.).
• Must be able to operate forklift and scissor lift within the safety guidelines established by AMP.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area.
• May be responsible for supplying hand tools required for the job.
• Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• May oversee department personnel’s day to day activities and schedules.
• Does not have the authority to hire or fire but may be expected to make recommendations
• Understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment
operations, safety requirements and departmental procedures
• Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment
• Experience with maintenance/mechanical systems
• Knowledge and experience with general maintenance and safety procedures including but not limited to boiler, electrical, hydraulic, steam, and pneumatic systems
•Ability to problem solve