ResourceMFG is seeking a Supply Chain Manager for our client located in Harrison Township, MI.
This position is accountable for producing the following result: To ensure that all supplies, materials, and parts are available so that customer orders can be fulfilled through the efficient utilization of resources and systems to achieve the HPS Strategic Objective.
Job Duties -
1. Provide leadership to the day to day operations of the Inventory department while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
2. Analyze all reporting to determine parts / materials required.
3. Inventory and warehouse control
4. Establish performance goals, objectives and metrics for all department employees and monitor performance hourly, daily and monthly supplying continuous feedback.
5. Hire, train, develop and mentor all inventory department employees. Training and employee development will be conducted by the manager in coordination with other department leaders and subject matter experts.
6. Conduct departmental meetings with employees to develop short and long term goals and for the achievement of the HPS Strategic Objectives
7. Conduct individual meetings with employees to review performance, solicit input and to provide coaching and mentoring.
8. Participate as a member of the HPS Operations Team.
9. Ensure the Inventory department employees are following all HPS systems and procedures.
10. Ensure the Inventory & logistics department employees are adhering to HPS policies as specified in the HPS employee handbook.
STANDARDS: Quantity, quality, and behavior standards for which this position is accountable.
1. Manager is expected to be a Leader and Role Model. You are expected to exemplify the HPS values of INTEGRITY, APPRECIATION,TEAMWORK, and COMMITMENT.
2. Individual employee meetings will be regularly scheduled, based on a predefined agenda, and conducted bi-weekly.
3. Departmental meetings will be regularly scheduled, based on a predefined agenda, and conducted monthly or more frequently if needed.
Other Duties / Requirements -
Utilize departmental personnel to meet the material & logistics needs of our customers.
2. Ensure inventory is stored efficiently to maximize storage space and ease of access.
3. Ensure core teardowns are scheduled within teardown group
4. Ensure inventory is accurate and accounted for through cycle counting/ min max.
5. Oversee and monitor all purchasing receiving Ensure that all necessary items are
6. Oversee and monitor all painting activity. Ensure that units are painted to specifications and processed immediately upon receipt.
7. Oversee and monitor all shipping activity. Ensure that all packaging is performed per defined standards. Items shall be packaged immediately when they reach the shipping counter.
8. Oversee and monitor all receiving activity. Items shall be investigated thoroughly prior to acceptance, inspected for quality, and put away within 24 hours.
9. Oversee and monitor all teardown scheduling activity in coordination with finished parts Inventory requirements.
10. Make all inventory adjustments as required within required timelines in support of making system updates ASAP
11. Reduce core inventory and work to eliminate through accelerated teardown scheduling .
12. Order Parts / Materials as required for Jobs.
13. Ensure that parts turned in by Reman are entered into finished inventory with 4 hours of receipt.
14. Maintain issues log that will be communicated with employees bi-weekly and addressed in Level 10 meetings.
15. Process all Parts Requisition Forms and provide to Operations Manager when complete.
16. Manager shall spend a minimum of 1 day bi-weekly working alongside their team.
17. Bring any all department concerns / issues to Operations Manager immediately.
18. Ensure that the Inventory department meets the organization and cleanliness standards of HPS.
19. Complete and provide an exception report / root cause analysis report as needed by the Operations Manager.
20. Create, maintain, revise, and implement standard operating procedures for the Inventory Department, Warehouse Shipping/ receiving Implement improved processes and procedures to maximize efficiency.
21. Fill in for absent employees as needed.
22. Ensure the Inventory Team in both locations are meeting productivity standards.