We are now seeking a Sr. Buyer for our client in the manufacturing Industry located in Milpitas!
Pay Rate: $30-$40
Shift Time: M-F 8am-4:30pm
Position Summary and Responsibilities
• Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
• Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
• Issues purchase orders to vendors
• Confirms orders within a defined period and assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost-effective manner.
• Maintains inventory operations by following policies and procedures, reporting if needed changes.
• Maintain inventory operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Able to multitask and prioritize
• NPI experience
• Work with accounting to resolve invoice issues.
• Audit kits to ensure kits are complete
If interested, please APPLY NOW!
• Bachelor's degree; 5+ years related experience
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or vendors.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Order processing systems, excel and Word