Would you like to join a fast growing team in the city of Carson.
We’re hiring for Maintenance Mechanic
SALARY: Entry level: $23 to $25 With experience in food manufacturing: $28 - $30
• Must be capable of diagnosing equipment failures and machinery problems on his/her own, and take corrective action to restore it back to safe operating conditions as soon as possible.
• Understands the preventive maintenance system and directs its implementation.
• Must maintain work logs, work orders, PM sheets, and breakdown reports, and take
• corrective actions when necessary.
• Ability to understand technical equipment manuals and diagrams.
• Demonstrates capabilities in handling complete factory startups as required; this includes equipment setup, boiler checks, cooling tower checks, ventilation system checks, and basic refrigeration system checks
• Conducts boiler blow downs and water softener checks
• Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing, and simple electrical systems in the manufacturing facility and offices
. • Occasionally works with outside vendors to complete maintenance activities.
• Completes all necessary paperwork related to planned and unplanned work performed.
• Researches, specifies, and requests repair parts when they are needed and as necessary.
• Understands the preventive maintenance system and its implementation. Reviews work logs, work orders, PM sheets, and breakdown reports, and takes corrective actions as necessary.
• Works closely with the Process Engineering Manager and other departments in order to eliminate downtime and to improve operational efficiencies.
• Possesses the following electrical skills:
o Ability to identify motor starters by class and size. o Identifies proper overload and fuse sizes for application o Has the ability to use a volt meter properly o Uses amp probe to diagnose motor overload
o Ability to wire start/stop 3-wire circuit controller
o Reads motor name