ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for a R&D Chemist position available within a cosmetic company in Chatsworth, CA.
Pay: $37 - $39 hr
Hours: 7am - 4pm
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Position Description: Under the supervision of the R&D Manager, execute all aspects in the developmental process and provide directed support as required by the Group Department or Company. Essential Function:
1. Prepare customer submissions and document all development efforts including lab-scale batches, etc. Maintain all required documentation so projects can be easily reviewed and re-directed. 60%
2. Be involved in all phases of testing or submit samples for testing to the designated test group or facility. Maintain adequate records to assure smooth transition from laboratory to production. 10%
3. Prepare samples for costs reduction programs. 10 %
4. Perform related duties or projects as assigned. 10 %
5. Operate and maintain R&D pilot tanks. Be responsible for compounding of all R&D pilot batch work with R&D and Process Engineering to develop improved process instructions based on pilot work. 10% Special physical requirements for performing the essential functions of the job
Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
• 5 years’ experience Minimum Acceptable:
• Minimum of 1-2 years Personal Care (or related products) formulae development. Preferred Education:
• B.S. degree in Chemistry or related science degree.Apply Now