Now Hiring a Wire EDM Machinist in Dayton, Ohio!!
Pay: Up to 24.50 Depending on Experience
Wire EDM Operators: make or modify metal parts that are required on the product assembly lines, electrical discharge machines. Wire Operators follow drawings and rely on experience to produce parts according to specification. Machinists develop solutions to a variety of complex machining requirements.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Exhibits proficient on EDM wire controls and program knowledge.
• Ability to adjust programs and use of offsets.
• Sets up and run multiple machines in a cell environment.
• Able to be a team player and works safely at all times.
• Applies knowledge of geometry and trigonometry as applicable to machining.
• Demonstrates an understanding of machining application
• A basic understanding of workflow and material knowledge.
• Knowledge of measuring equipment.
• Able to hold +/-.0002
• Other duties as assigned
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience: • Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. • Machining on-the-job experience and/or certification from appropriate vocational school. • Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints. • Demonstrates ability to follow basic verbal and/or written instructions. • Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills. • Ability to work in a team environment, which includes communicating effectively with team members and support staff, being self-motivated, accepting responsibility for one’s own work, and actively participating as a team member in a proactive manner.