ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for a Buyer within a manufacturing company in Chatsworth, CA
Hours: 7am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Plans and purchases inventory items, using MRP, and supplies, services etc. at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Studies market trends, interviews suppliers and recommends sources of supply. Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers with whom orders are to be placed and schedules deliveries. Follows up on orders to expedite delivery and shipment. Resolves delivery and payment discrepancies. Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
• Independently analyzes demand and may negotiate purchases of inventory materials per MRP.
• May propose and decide on alternate suppliers and negotiates for purchases of MRO supplies, equipment, and services.
• Communicates internally and externally to understand needs and to secure prices and availability with suppliers.
•Conducts basic analytical studies and makes recommendations.
• Assists in the maintenance of kan-bans, bills of material and various information systems data.
• Locate suppliers, negotiate pricing and delivery schedules favorable to the Company.
• Prepare and place purchase orders for parts, material and outside processing.
• Monitor the purchase order delivery schedule and expedite delivery when necessary.
• Communicate regularly with appropriate department and management on inventory or scheduling issues.
• Provide purchasing functions to other departments and management when assigned.
• Audit supplier performance. Consider price, on time delivery and quality. Technical Competencies:
•Minimum of one (3) year of relevant supply chain experience.
• AS Degree or equivalent work experience.
• NAPM/APICS certification preferred.
• Word processing and spreadsheet application (MS Office preferred)
• PowerPoint skills for management report anApply Now