Now Hiring a Polisher in Dayton, Ohio
Pay: Up to $24.50 Depending on Experience
Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs
from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic work pieces. Work
with both steel and carbide.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Inspect or measure finished work pieces to determine conformance to specifications, using
measuring instruments such as gauges or micrometers.
• Lift and position work pieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine
tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
• Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from
surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic work pieces.
• Observe machine operations to detect any problems, making necessary adjustments to correct problems.
• Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, using knowledge of machine operation.
• Measure work pieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
• Select machine tooling to be used, using knowledge of machine and production requirements.
• Study blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications,
tool requirements, and operational sequences.
• Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
• Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut work pieces,
according to specifications.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• High School Diploma/ GED.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Work schedule generally consists of 40+ hours per week, which may include weekends.
• Production/manufacturing environment
• Required to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.