Job Title: Coiler Set-Up Operator
Compensation: $19.00 - $23.00, based on experience
Shift: 1st Shift 6:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday plus overtime; OT is not mandatory
Responsible for the set up and operation of automatic spring coiling machines to fabricate springs from steel wire according to blueprints and setup charts.
Tasks to Perform:
• Reviews blueprints to determine setup procedures to follow, machine attachments required and stock to use or obtain details from setup charts.
• Selects machine attachments, such as taper cams, wire size block, coiling point, pitch tool and cutting tool according to a blueprint or setup chart and installs them on the machine.
• Verifies wire diameter with a micrometer or caliper and threads the wire through drive rollers and machine guides.
• Sets cams, turnbuckle and pitch tool to control the spring dimensions.
• Makes a trial run including stress relief and measures a sample product for conformance to specifications using gauges, load testers, micrometers and calipers.
• Adjusts the machine to attain specified tolerances.
• Understands blueprints and be able to use a variety of precision measuring devices.
• May recommend blueprint changes to resolve production problems.
• May make tools and attachments, such as coiling point, cams, forming tools and cut-off tools, if not in stock.
- Ability to read and interpret part specifications or blueprints.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- 2 yrs+ experience in coiling and/or equivalent machine operators and setup.
- Any experience with cold winding, hot winding, lathes, mandrels, CNC machines, etc. a plus.
- Experience working with Titanium Metal.