Hiring a Lead Machinist Immediately in Sidney, Ohio
Pay: $16.33 to $24.50
Shift: 2nd/ 4 10's (Monday through Thursday typically 3:30p-2:00a
Machinists make or modify metal parts that are required on the product assembly lines, using machine tools. Machinists follow drawings and rely on experience to produce parts according to specification. Machinists develop solutions to a variety of complex machining requirements.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Exhibits proficiency with manual lathes, mills and surface grinder machines. Performs drilling tapping and milling on manual mills.
• Programs and makes offset adjustments on CNC lathes, mills and/or surface grinders.
• Uses Gibbs or other CAD/CAM software as necessary.
• Sets up and runs speed cell machines.
• Works safely at all times.
• Identifies and uses proper tools and gauging.
• Applies knowledge of geometry and trigonometry as applicable to machining.
• Demonstrates understanding of machining applications as they pertain to different materials.
• Completes machining/speed cell work as needed to meet business requirements. Plans proper sequence of operations.
• Supports rework requirements for the assembly operation in a timely manner.
• Utilizes and has familiarity referencing the machinist hand
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Machining on-the-job experience and/or certification from appropriate vocational school.
• Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Demonstrates ability to follow basic verbal and/or written instructions.
• Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment, which includes communicating effectively with team members and support staff, being self-motivated, accepting responsibility for one’s own work, and actively participating as a team member in a proactive manner.
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
• Ability to regularly lift/ maneuver up to 50 lbs.