A Machinist demonstrates these competencies:
• Successfully commits him/herself and completes all training requirements to continuously improve his/her skills.
• Demonstrates independent decision-making skills on day to day production tasks that steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Prepared and receptive mind that looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge. • Thrives in a fast-paced environment that enjoys hard work.
• Adds value to the team by immersing him/herself in challenges and comes up with new and unique ideas for solutions. A Machinist exhibits these behaviors:
• The Machinist is responsible for daily verification and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and ensures appropriate records are updated/maintained. Inspects, completes and coordinates maintenance of manufacturing equipment which may include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic systems.
• Plans, coordinates and performs installation, setups of machinery.
• Tests and adjusts as needed. Diagnoses and repairs malfunctioning equipment.
• Recommends and implements process improvements. Updates required documentation including maintenance and repair logs. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Machinist will set up and operate conventional, special purpose and computer numerical control machines and machining centers to machine metal parts by performing the following tasks and responsibilities.Apply Now