Quality Supervisor Needed in Fort Collins for Direct Hire Opportunity!
The Quality Supervisor directs and manages Quality Department and personnel ensuring conformance of all parts with customer specifications, expectations, and demands within AS9100 certification standards, and generally, ensuring the operation of the Department in a professional, efficient, and smooth manner in order to meet Quality and Company objectives. Shipping & Receiving does not currently fall under the supervision of the Plant Quality Supervisor, but may reassigned in the future.
•Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Quality Department, to include, but not limited to coordinating and prioritizing QC workload with personnel based upon input from manufacturing, expediting needs and/or requirements, and resource availability.
•Coordinates final Quality decisions and escalates issues to Plant Manager or Quality Systems Manager, as applicable, for resolution.
•Controls and maximizes labor, overtime, and expenses; ensures all Quality objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
•Ensures appropriate steps are taken to reduce delays; identifies bottlenecks prior to occurrence and ensures necessary labor, materials, and other resources are available to meet deadlines and relieve Quality bottlenecks and delays.
•Establishes workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product quality or integrity.
•Administers, prepares, reviews, submits, and/or certifies pertinent Quality documentation, including CoC’s, source documentation, AS9102 packets, and all required certification or traceability documentation.
•Inspects parts before, during, and after production as necessary.
• Develops control plans and dimensional inspection plans for product as needed.
• Performs the following functions, when necessary, based on availability/workload of Quality personnel,
availability of other resources, and time constraints:
o Approves machine set-up and verification of the conformance of first-run production work pieces to
customer’s specifications; collaborates with machinists to minimize production of non-conforming
o Spot checks or randomly audits machined parts during each specific production sequence.
• Initiates nonconformance reporting when necessary.
• Assists the Quality Systems Manager with maintenance of the Quality Management System as necessary or
• Ensures Quality machinery and equipment is maintained and remains in good working order through both
in-house and outside maintenance and/or repair activities and services.
• Oversees upkeep and maintenance of the calibration system (Fort Collins facility)
Quality Supervisor Job Requirements:
Degree in business administration, engineering, or other related field education preferred.
• Must be U.S. person within the meaning of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) with ability
to present acceptable, original documents to prove identity and authorization to work.
• 3-year minimum experience in a supervisory role in manufacturing and quality assurance within a AS9100
• 3-year minimum experience operating CMM, visual CMM, and other advance technology measuring
• 3-year minimum experience for setting up and inspecting all critical dimensions on various types of
o Absent any of the foregoing, a combination of formal training and related experience resulting in
full knowledge and a strong understanding of concepts, practices, procedures, capabilities, and
requirements of the equipment and personnel under his/her direction and as required to
successfully perform in the position and manage the Department, but not less than four (4) years.
• Intimate knowledge of aerospace products and processes.
• Technical knowledge of parts and shop practices, including GD&T.
• Strong understanding of Quality control standards and testing techniques and industry specifications and
This position includes the opportunity to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life, and Short-Term Disability benefits, as well as a Retirement Plan. All Colorado Associates are also entitled to accrue and use paid sick and safe leave.Apply Now