Now Hiring Immediately a Lathe Machinist in Dayton Ohio
Shift: 2nd/ 4 10's Monday through Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am
Pay: $19.76-$29.64 Depending on Experience!!!
JOB SUMMARY :
Safely and effectively setup and operate CNC Lathes, manufacturing precision hardware from blueprints and existing programs.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following:
• Complete all setups and efficiently run moderate to very complex parts on CNC Lathes following detailed setup instructions.
• Must consistently demonstrate the ability to meet critical engineering specifications as shown on engineering prints.
• Must be capable of interpreting complex engineering drawings.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify processes improvements and incorporate necessary changes.
• Must be capable of developing well documented setup sheets, tool lists and other associated documentation necessary for efficient manufacturing of machined parts.
• Communicate with Manufacturing Management Staff and Machinists for shift change over and process requirements.
• Perform routine PM on machines (I.E. grease, oil, coolant, filters).
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience setting up and operating CNC Lathes, machining various types of materials.
• Strong math skills.
• Must be able to read and understand machine programs
• Display strong communication skills and be capable of working from verbal and/or written instructions with minimum supervision.
• The individual must perform his/her duties in conjunction with EHS personnel, in such a manner that neither he nor others are jeopardized in regards to safety.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Individual must be capable of occasionally lifting 50lbs and standing for extended periods of time and capable of climbing stairs.
• Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including eye protection, hearing protection, hand and foot protection or other specific PPE as required.
• Work with or around various oils, coolants and other common machine shop chemicals.
• Must be able to speak English and work in team environment.