Our client is looking for a mid to senior level .NET Engineer in solution and design that is able to take on a project request and make it actionable, can identify opportunities.
As a .NET Engineer, you will work in our agile development environment and add new features, enhance current functionality, and fix bugs on our back-end order processing systems
Remote only option
Compensation $101K-$130K M-F
You will primarily work with our custom print automation software. We utilize a variety of front- and back-end technologies such as C#/VB/ASP.NET, SQL Server, WebForms, MVC. This position will primarily be using C# to automate various grand-format printing platforms including job assignment, image rasterization, and job crediting. A successful candidate will be a motivated tech enthusiast capable of finding the right tool for the specific task and will be eager to see their work come to life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties – Software Development
· Work with the rest of the team in an Agile environment to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support applications to meet business and technical requirements.
· Expert level understanding of software design patterns and service-oriented architectures.
· Full stack development from the front-end UI to database development.
· Investigating requirements and developing new features for system architecture.
· Write well-designed, testable code.
· Collaborate with end-users to find innovative solutions to problems.
· Troubleshoot complex and difficult bugs.
· Help break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
· Provide direction and share knowledge with team members.
· Participate in bi-weekly sprint cycles using the Agile software development methodology.
· Keep stakeholders informed of your progress using the JIRA issue management system.
Additional Task and Responsibilities
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Work directly with IT Management on special projects as needed.
Skills, Intellectual Demands and Job Requirements
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university plus at least four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
· Technical skills requirements:
· Expert level proficiency at object-oriented programming with C# and VB.net
· Service Oriented Architectures
· Application modernization / migration to hosted services
· ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, and Web API
· Microsoft Visual Studio including Git, Jira and .NET 4+
· Microsoft SQL Server (2012+) Expertise including query writing/tuning/debugging
· Unit/integration testing
· Creation and consumption of Web services using .NET (SOAP and REST)
· Preferred skills:
· Familiarity with Raster Image Processing (RIP) software
· Configuration/troubleshooting of IIS on Windows
· Automated deployment / system maintenance
· Amazon Web Services experience – RDS, Lambda, SQS, EC2, DMS, Serverless implementations
· .Net Core application development/design
· Creativity and imagination
· Adaptability and ability to pick up new techniques quickly
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Capable of presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
· Ability to “multi-task” while also reassessing priorities on a continual basis.