Our Client in the Golden Area needs Welders!
(M-T) 3:45PM – 2:15AM
(4) 10 hour days with 3 days off!!!
Welder Job Description:
Welds together metal components of products, such as round pipe, square tube and flat material, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment. Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object. This is highly detailed work and requires knowledgeable of many techniques and tools.
· Strikes arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece
· Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
· Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
· Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
· May manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal
· May clean or degrease weld joint or workpiece, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath
· May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
· May prepare broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces
· May chip off excess weld, slag, and spatter, using hand scraper or power chipper
· May preheat workpiece, using hand torch or heating furnace
· May position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture
· May tack assemblies together
· May cut metal plates or structural shapes
· May be designated according to type of equipment used as Welder, Carbon Arc; Welder, Flux-Cored Arc; Welder, Gas-Metal Arc; Welder, Gas-Tungsten Arc; Welder, Hand, Submerged Arc; Welder, Plasma Arc; Welder, Shielded-Metal Arc.
Temp to Hire
Health Benefits Available
Welder Physical Demands: