Ensures the safe operation of an automatic vertical band saw. Cuts steel stock to correct length and measurements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reads and interprets basic blue prints.
• Completes daily stock inventory reports.
• Orders and maintains proper inventory levels of materials
• Unload raw materials from semi-trucks and store material.
• Uses hydraulic press for bending of material as appropriate.
• Maintains equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times.
• Performs basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment.
• Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State and local codes, OSHA regulations and requirements
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Operates over head crane and use of forklift.
• Trade tools, equipment, materials, tape measure, methods and techniques used in safe band saw operation.
• Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Prioritize, schedule, and review work.
• Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
• Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and work orders to others.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Maintain routine records.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.