Local manufacturing company that for over 3 decades has been at the forefront of the LED design and manufacturing needs a Shipping supervisor to assist with daily orders, schedule necessary resources to safely and accurately Pick/Pack and ship all domestic and international order.
Shipping supervisor is a performance to hire position.
Shipping Supervisor Duties:
• Review all open orders on daily basis and communicate with Customer Service as necessary
• Review available resources vs. job load and request assistance as/when needed
• Conduct daily staff meetings and address the schedule to cover all orders
• Based on schedule, task and verify the accuracy of job for each employee to make sure orders are picked and packed according to established procedures.
• Accurately transact in system to reflect information pertaining order and status
• Review for accuracy and assure all shipments are accompanied by proper set of documents: identification labels, proforma/commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of origin, bills of lading, AES filings and other domestic and export related documents
• Identify best shipping methods (cost/delivery time factors). Identify best freight forward companies, negotiate favorable LTL or TL contracts, and develop good business relations.
• Ability to conduct investigation and gather relevant information pertaining damaged shipments/ mis-shipment and work with AP and Customer service on resolution.
Hours: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Pay: $25 can vary on experience
• 4-5 years of shipping experience (domestic and international).
• Min. 2 years of leadership and managerial experience.
• Proficient knowledge of all aspects of shipping logistics, ground, air, ocean, LTL, TL, FedEx, DHL and UPS metering systems.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and related software programs.
• Ability to move up to 50 lbs. without difficulty.Apply Now