We are now seeking a CNC Set Up Machinist III for a leading manufacturing client located in Milpitas, CA!
Pay Rate: $26-$30 DOE
Shift Time: 7:00am - 3:30pm
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read blueprints, tooling and S/U instructions, and standard charts for specifications.
• Set-up and run all parts assigned by Supervisor.
• Provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to operators and lower level machinists as required. Assist Lead person as needed.
• Inspect and measure parts to customer blueprints and enter data into WinSPC as needed.
• Assist Lead and Programmer as needed.
• Monitor machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as needed.
• Confer with Team Leaders and Programmers regarding drawings, sketches, and design data of a part to determine dimension and configuration of tool path(s).
• Monitor and replace cutting tools as needed in machines and equipment.
• Test operation of tool to ensure proper function and performance.
• Ensure company procedures and “best machine practices” are being followed and are in place at all times.
• Log into M1 and enter quantity when completed and fill in Tie-in sheet daily.
• Moved jobs from 1 area to the next operation.
• Return fixtures and tooling to the assigned placed, keep area clean at all time, execute 5S daily.
• Minor editing and notify programmer to update in master file.
Apply today! https://apply.resourcemfg.com/Account/Create
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years of work experience.
• Extensive knowledge of CNC vertical and/or horizontal machines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of blueprint reading, GD & T.
• Extensive knowledge of accepted inspection practices and G & M code.
• Demonstrated ability at operating computer numerical control machines.
• Ability to read blueprints to ensure accuracy in part making.