Title: Machinist I
Reports To: Machining Supervisor
Location: Southern Pines, NC
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Sets up and manufactures products using processes as directed in routing documents and drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Machinist include the following job duties. The responsibilities are not limited to these tasks.
• Loads, unloads, and checks parts from CNC.
• Performs set ups on drill press or other manual equipment.
• Performs in process inspections using micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, and other standard inspection tools with supervision.
• Replaces dull tooling.
• Works the de-burr area.
• Uses hand press to install and remove bushings or pins.
• Ensures workplace safety and workplace organization (5-S).
• Models Ingersoll Rand Values in the workplace.
• Writes follow up reports and documents issues and concerns for next shift.
• Self-motivated and flexible; willing to shift priorities as needed.
• Able to work in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willing to participate in continuous learning opportunities as part of job and personal development.
• Assists Machinist II and Machinist III when required.
• Other duties as assigned.