Manufacturing warehouse on Jacksonville's westside is looking for an experienced chemist to add to their team! Must be flexible on shift and able to work 2nd shift 3pm-11:30pm and have previous experience in a chemist type of role.
Major Job Duties:
• Provide testing evaluation of raw materials, bulk, and filled samples based on specifications and standards.
• Prioritize sample disposition based on daily production schedules.
• Inspect manufacturing documents for completion upon receipt in Quality.
• Maintain accurate laboratory documentation on raw material results, batch results, lab batches, and data input into SAP QM.
• Investigate problem batches by reviewing preweigh records, PPS and other manufacturing documents. Alert production and Quality Manager of “HOLD” status batches within 24 hours of submission to the Lab.
• Perform all remedial measures in accordance with approved methods and history.
• Render appropriate dispositions for all sample lots with test results outside specified limits.
• Maintain current laboratory standards, and make necessary recommendations to Research and Development for revising standards and/or specifications.
• Conduct evaluations of materials for age extensions.
• Maintain calibration of specific laboratory equipment as outlined in the calibration procedure.
• Maintain standardization and replenishment of all laboratory volumetric solutions and reagents.
• Ensure all samples no longer needed are boxed and properly identified for disposal.
• Conduct lab testing on all retain and field samples.
• Conduct line inspections when needed.
If you have experience and are interested please APPLY today to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter!
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Thorough knowledge of chemical laboratory procedures and techniques.
• Skill in conducting chemical research and analysis.
• Knowledge of analytical lab test methods and equipment, and safety regulations.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Strong skills in oral and written communications, documenting records and developing and delivering reports.
• Skill in performing mathematical computations relating to laboratory analysis and studies.
• Skill in research, analysis, and preparation of reports, summaries, and correspondence.
• Skill in word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and related software applications such as SAP.
• Ability to operate analytical instruments such as titrator, various viscometers/rheometers, pH testers, FTIR, and GC.
Minimum Education Requirements: