Shift: 1st (7:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Performs laboratory tests and inspections at various stages of the production process to determine product characteristics are in conformance to internal and external requirements. Is an essential part of team to assure product meet standards for quality control, process control, or product development by performing the following duties.
• Records test results on standardized forms and enter data into applicable database
• Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment
• Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas
• Computer skills will be necessary; for preparation and submittal of reports using Microsoft Word/Excel/Email/etc and or certifications as required
• Maintains calibration on all measuring and test equipment used throughout the plant including retaining certifications on file
• Ordering of supplies used for various tests; assures that services and equipment ordered meet specifications requested on Purchase Order
• Must be able to review, interpret and apply industry standards (ASTM, etc.) and or customer specifications
• Working with Keyence IM-7001 Image Dimension Measuring System, Instron Tensile Tester, Rockwell hardness testers and small salt bath for heat treat samples.
• Using a variety of measuring devices and equipment to ensure parts are within specification included but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, indicators, attribute gages, etc.
• Testing samples using Heat Treatment methods, force testing and torque testing (hydrogen embrittlement)
• Gage R&R support
• Compiling, maintaining, and reporting results either through written or electronic methods.
• Providing dimensional layout of parts
• Participate in team activities as required (Such as Audits, Corrective Actions, 5s,)
• Participate in training production employees as needed
• Maintain good housekeeping standards
• Follow all rules, regulations and work processes set forth by the company
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Other duties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the busines
• High School Diploma or GED
• Knowledge of and/or basic understanding of SPC data analysis, GD&T, Blueprint reading, the use of comparators and OGP (Optical Gaging Product/Instrumentation).
• Knowledge and understanding of ISO/TS16949 & ISO 17025 requirements.
• Experience with hand-held gages such as calipers, micrometers, indicators, attribute gages etc.
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of employees is required.
• Must possess basic computer skills and various software systems (Microsoft/email) for logging and tracking results.
• Must have the ability to operate all machines in the department and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
• Employee will be required to work in all areas of the plant; temperatures will vary.
• Prolonged standing, crawling, kneeling, and walking while performing job assignments.
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
• Safety toed/ slip resistant shoes, safety glasses and earplugs are required on the plant floor. Wearing other PPE for a variety of measuring/testing equipment.