The operator is responsible for all setup, operations, and quality of product being produced. The operator must be attentive and self motivated. He/she must also be able to work as a team. The amount of equipment and processes used requires attention to detail and ability to keep pace with the process in order to minimize setup time and scrap.
• Make complete line setups on jobs from specifications sheets.
• Operate lines, maintaining proper speeds, adjustments, etc., to ensure a quality product and production rates.
• Perform continuous inspections of product both visual as well as through the use of micrometers and record product and process parameters.
• Complete all necessary paperwork as required, giving particular attention to product weights and scrap.
• Package product according to instructions to include the making of boxes as required by Job Sheet.
• Keep extrusion line and surrounding area clean and orderly.
• Perform other duties as required.