Riverview Company Now Hiring Experienced Material Handler
SHIFT: Mon – Fri 6a-2:30p
PAY: $17.30 hr
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
• Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
• Assists with selecting minimum and maximum inventory items; maintains inventory by conducting periodic physical cycle counts and reconciling variances.
• Monitor bench stock as needed.
• Identifies NCR’s and create a report.
• Catalogs and gathers returned parts and coordinate their return with the Purchasing Representative.
• Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
• Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
• Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers, so they can be loaded.
• Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
• Stack cargo in locations, such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
• Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
• Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
• Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Wash out cargo containers or storage areas.
• Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
• Shovel material, such as gravel, ice, or spilled concrete, into containers or bins or onto conveyors.
• Rig or dismantle props or equipment, such as frames, scaffolding, platforms, or backdrops, using hand tools.
• Cross-train in other departments within manufacturing production.
• May be expected to assist in other manufacturing production areas.
• Maintain quality and on time delivery metrics.
• Ensure safety training and certifications are completed timely.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to operate equipment such as cranes, booms and cameras.
• Must be able to operate basic hand tools.
• Will be expected to utilize solvents, cleaners, paint, thinner, acid, etc. to perform the work.
• Basic computer skills and email-based communication skills. Ability to work from spreadsheets desirable.
• Ability, with proper training, to navigate within TAW’s ERP system, generate reports, execute transactions, comprehend MRP basics.Apply Now