Primary duties are to case pick/hand stack individual cases ranging between 15 lbs to 40 lbs utilizing a single pallet truck. The position will also be operating an electric-powered industrial truck (once certified on-site) equipped with a single fork to move pallets from the floor or rack to the pick line in preparation to load the trailers for shipment. The candidate will be accountable to all for high-quality service standards to our customers through safe, damage-free, efficient, and accurate storage and handling.
• Loads bakery products accurately and securely into trucks for delivery.
• Checks product on inbound/outbound utilizing material handling equipment while verifying accuracy in quantities and inspects the quality of the goods being received. Notifies Foreman of any discrepancies.
• Fills out all necessary paperwork with the required information for shipment and receiving of goods. May use RF computer units.
• Contacts Purchasing Coordinator and Foreman for any variances between PO and Bill of Ladings.
• Hand stacks individual cases weighing 15lbs to 40lbs from one pallet to another or onto the floor of a trailer.
• Maintains cleanliness and keeps the warehouse and freezer areas organized.
• Moves finished goods from the packaging department to required location using hand trucks or if certified, with the aid of forklifts as well as pallet jacks.
• Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials/pallets or and transports load to designated area.
• Performs daily maintenance inspections of equipment.
• Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and following safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Requires use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools.