We are now seeking Technical Service Technicians in Morgan Hill, CA! Our ideal candidate is someone with previous experience working in a machine shop!
Shift: 8am – 5pm
Monday – Friday
Pay Rate: $19-$25/hr. DOE
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assure that products produced meet applicable company and industry standards by inspection and test.
• Perform variety of ASTM tests on materials.
• Maintain test records and product traceability.
• Cut, lay-up and cure prepreg.
• Non-destructive inspection and strain gaging.
• Operates specimen preparation, machining and test equipment, such as ovens, saws, presses, test frames, etc.
• Work to meet qualification and technical service goals and timelines.
• Uphold and maintain quality documents according to ISO9001 and AS9100.
• Training on composite technology with quality focus.
• Work safely with hazardous materials, such as nitric acid, acetone, etc.
• Maintain laboratory and work area in neat, orderly and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Technical Service Engineers or designee.
Experience and/or Education Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent (AA degree or higher preferred).
• Composites test technician experience and previous experience supporting a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Math skills addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage and conversions.
• Skilled in basic precision measurement usage as scales, calipers and micrometers.
• MS Office (Word & Excel) proficiency required. Previous database use preferred.
• Ability to work to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbally) in English.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with all levels of the company.
Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs