The Buyer/Expeditor will be responsible for managing and tracking our purchased materials and
components used in the manufacturing and assembly of military electrical cable assemblies, wire
harnesses, connectors and wired enclosures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Verify purchase requisitions, Bills of Materials and Picklists.
• Prepare Purchase Orders by verifying specifications, pricing, obtaining approvals from
Supervisor/Management on a timely basis.
• Keep information accessible with supporting documentation (supplier quotes, specs) readily
• Maintain open communication with internal customers and provide updates on orders as
• Knowledge of aerospace supplier base.
• Understand Quality Assurance Provisions.
• Get multiple material/OSP quotes for bids and awarded contracts that meet the company’s
expectation and compare best prices and lead times.
• Track and expedite Supplier Back Log.
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including but not limited to data management, filing,
screening phone calls, inquires and request, organizing, coordinating appointments.
• Handling incoming email, often corresponding on behalf of the manager.
• Responsible for sending out RFQ’s, correspondence, facilitate NCP’s, surveys, order confirmation
and maintain Chatsworth approval list for our suppliers.
• Source hard to find components.
• Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations as directed by Purchasing
• Liaison with suppliers and other staff.
• Run KPI and Syteline Reports.
• Keep supplier AS9100/ISO9001 & ITAR certifications up to date.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years’ experience in purchasing or related area.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft office applications such as (Outlook, Word, Excel, Etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced
• Possess knowledge of common electrical and hardware components in cable assemblies,
• Experience working with Quality to get NCP/RMA from suppliers is a plus.
• Ability to perform job assignments in a professional manner and be able to handle last minute
changes in assignment priorities.
• High level of integrity and strong ethical value is required.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Occasional warehouse activity with ability to lift 20 pounds.Apply Now