ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in Shipping and Receiving, loads and unloads materials, parts, or products on/off pallets, skids, conveyors, or trucks. Unpackages customer hardware for staging; repacks hardware on completion of processing.
2. Transports jobs to designated work areas for processing: prepare all parts that are staged for NDT processing, to include pre-cleaning
3. Arranges metal parts onto carts or in baskets for staging at dip tanks or machine stations
4. Assist with application of the magnetic particle media and/or movement of the contact devices.
5. Assist with application of the liquid penetrant inspection medias and removal processes.
6. Maintains surfaces of machines and materials to remove excess oil and debris.
7. Operates or assists in operating manual material handling, and processing equipment.
8. Cleans around work areas, machines, equipment, floors, and various building and property areas.
9. Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance and repairs on building, equipment, machinery and grounds; to include removal of ice, snow or debris from walkways, roads, parking lot and greenbelt.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply suitable understanding to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. The ability to perform a repetitive job assignment for a shift duration is a necessity.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include correctable to 20/20 close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Inspection assistance may be conducted under ultraviolet light conditions in ventilated dark booths. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderate.Apply Now